26.6.08

Armed for the Milanese Summer

It's been hellishly hot in Milan. After months of rain storm, the weather turned 180° and the temperature just sky-rocketed. I'd rather have the rain! It's also easier to take care of my hair and skin when it's cool or cold out.
In this humid heat though, my T. Leclerc loose powder is working better than ever, because I thought it was awfully dry when I used it during winter and practically set it aside.
These days, what I do is use a very good sunscreen (La Roche-Posay or Shiseido) and puff a couple of layers of powder on. Make Up For Ever's HD powder has proven to be an amazing finishing touch. It really sets my entirely powder-based makeup all day long.
Not all powders are made the same. Talc-based ones are drier, but soaks up oil better. Those with some botanical oil in it sets onto the skin beautifully, but is more suitable in drier weather.

In any case, powder's just such a quick, easy routine that gets me out the door in the morning in a jiffy!

3 comments:

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

Thanks for the tip on talc-based powders and heat!

sorry to hear it's so hot in Italy.. here's been raining on and off, relatively cool to be honest. I prefer good old sunshine, it brings good moods to everyone :D

fuzkittie said...

Well at least it is beautiful in Milan, right? =)

I've heard such great things about the HD powder, and in fact I did try it! It is amazing~~ but I still like my La Mer powder just a bit better!

cheryl said...

nic: when rain wouldn't stop last month, u should've seen all the italians here - they wanted to die! anyway there's no happy medium, now it's too hot!

fuz: i gotta check out la mer powder when i visit the u.s. this august! milan's city centre is kind of nice but everything's just so dirty & primitive...